Clinically Proven. Superior Strength & Rigidity
Austofix was the first to introduce obliquely angled and “locked” screws through its Humeral Head Screw anti-backout feature.
Independent bioengineering research has since confirmed that the unique characteristics of the Austofix CHN implant provides superior strength and rigidity when compared to other devices.
- Precise positioning of Humeral Head Screws and smaller screw sizes, the CHN fixation device makes direct contact with the best quality subchondral bone.
- Can also be utilised with Ezy-Aim for ultra-accurate distal screw location.
- Preserves rotator cuff enabling early mobilisation
These advantages may be the deciding factor in the successful healing of marginal osteoporotic multi-part fractures.
Austofix Humeral Screw Technology
Independent cadaver testing has shown the Austofix CHN construct to be superior to a well known proximal humeral plate design
- Screws incorporate a unique “interference” thread that crushes in the nail and prevents back-out.
- Additional stability is provided by the Humeral Head Screws threading into the nail.
Austofix Humeral Screw Advantage
Accurate distal targeting is aided with the use the Austofix Ezy-Aim electronic system.
CHN Standard and Long Nails
The CHN is indicated for all surgical neck and multi-part proximal humeral fractures.
- 7mm, 8mm and 9mm Humeral Nails enable the insertion “footprint” to be the smallest possible
- Standard 170mm and 180-280mm ‘long’ versions also available
- 3.5mm or 4.0mm locking screw, and 4.3mm Humeral Head screw
Screws and Accessory Range
3.5mm or 4.0mm Nail Locking Screw
4.3mm Humeral Head Screw
Humeral Nail End Cap is available in the following lengths 1, 5, 10, 15, 20mm
The Washer for Humeral Head Screw can be used to lag fragments to the humeral head
- Cannulated Humeral Nail – Standard Surgical Technique
- Cannulated Humeral Nail – Retrograde Surgical Technique
- Cannulated Humeral Nail – Long Surgical Technique
- Cannulated Humeral Nail Product Brochure