Strong. Simple. Robust.
Utilising Austofix’s experience in narrow diameter nails, the Austofix Universal Nail offers the option of unreamed or reamed nails.
This “universal” IM nail has been designed to offer treatment options for fractures of the tibial shaft as well as metaphyseal fractures of the proximal and distal tibia.
- The proximal oblique screw holes of the nail are a standard feature of the cannulated Universal Tibial Nail, reducing inventory requirements.
- An AP distal hole allows for very distal fracture treatment.
- Reduced distal portion of the nail provides for fixation of fractures closer to the ankle joint.
As with all Austofix IM nails, the instrumentation and surgical procedure are simple and robust, allowing for the fastest operative times.
- Universal design
- Lengths from 260mm to 420mm
- 8, 9, 10 & 11mm titanium cannulated nails are made from ISO 5832-3 Titanium (Ti)
Excellent Proximal Fixation
- Angle-stable locked fixation
- Oblique proximal screws thread into the nail
- 4 points of fixation
- For fractures only 30mm below the knee
- Avoids medial knee ligaments
- Avoids excessive number of screws which weaken the nail
Excellent Distal Fixation
- Bi-planar screw configuration
- Dynamic and static locking
- For fractures only 25mm from the ankle joint
- Three points of fixation within 30mm of the nail tip
All Austofix screws are made from ISO 5832-3 Titanium (Ti).
- 4.0mm Locking Screws used for all Transverse holes in the 8mm and 9mm nails
- 4.8mm Locking Screws used in all holes of the 10mm and 11mm nails
- Both 4.0mm and 4.8mm screws are fully threaded for ease of insertion with minimal loss of bending strength